A flavour packed, full of veg recipe that even the kids will love 🙂
375gm firm tofu
Olive oil for frying
1 x 200gm packet of vermicelli noodles
1 x zucchini
¼ red cabbage
1x medium carrot
1 x punnet cherry tomatoes
½ bunch coriander
½ iceberg lettuce
100 grams toasted peanuts
1 x small packet fried onion (optional)
For the tofu marinade:
1 teaspoon massel stock powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon gf soy sauce
1 teaspoon raw sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the dressing:
50ml gf soy sauce
¼ cup raw sugar
25ml lime juice
12.5ml rice wine vinegar
25ml sesame oil
10ml green tobasco sauce
1 teaspoon vegan fish sauce
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon chopped coriander root
- Crumble the tofu in a bowl, add marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Boil some water in a kettle, place vermicilli in a container or bowl, and pour boiling water over. Leave only for a minute, until soft, and rinse under cold water to cool down.
- Heat a frying pan, add a little olive oil and fry tofu until golden and a little crispy.
- While tofu is cooking, prepare the wombok, zuchinni, carrot and red cabbage, I like to cut them ‘julienne’ style, using a peeler/grater (you can prepare them however you like, just ensure they are cut fine enough to cook quickly.)
- Finely shred lettuce, wash and chop coriander, and halve cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Heat a wok or decent sized frying pan, add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Add in your prepared vegetables, stir, just cooking slightly.
- Add your lightly cooked vegetables into the noodles, with the dressing. Stir well.
- To serve, place lettuce in a bowl, add noodle mix on top, and finish with cherry tomatoes, coriander, cooked tofu, peanuts and fried onion. You can also add a wedge of fresh lime.
@prasadam_eats on Instagram