It’s no secret that a diet rich in healthy foods is good for your brain. The antioxidants in natural food help to keep the brain vibrant and young. Good oils fight inflammation and the minerals and vitamins provide much needed nutrition. The following recipe is great for healthy oils and other antioxidants:
- 2/3 cup chick peas – mashed
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 3-4 tablespoon minced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour (any flour will do)
- 3 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- A dash of cayenne
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the flax seed meal and water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix all other ingredients together.
- Add the flax seeds and mix thoroughly (You may need to add more water or more flour so they hold their shape but aren’t too dry.)
- Form into 4 patties and shallow fry for about 5 minutes on each side in olive oil.
- Serve with salad on a bread roll or along with rice and vegies topped with a juicy tomato sauce.
By Vrndavan Dasi
Founder and Principal of Veda Yoga Teacher Training