This would have to be my favourite raw food dessert so far. It is decadent, but oh so healthy and it sure satisfies that sweet tooth. Combining Avocados and dates with a nut base and fresh berries is a real winner.
4 Cups Dry Raw Walnuts 1 Cup Carob or Cacao Powder
1 tsp Sea Salt
2 1/2 Cups Fresh Medjool Dates – pitted
1 Cup Medjool Dates – pitted
2/3 Cup Maple Syrup Flesh from 2 Ripe Avocados
2/3 Cup Carob Powder or Cacao if you prefer
2 Punnets Fresh Berries – washed, hulled and sliced (raspberries, strawberries or a mixture)
- Pulse the walnuts, carob and salt in food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the dates and pulse until combined. Don’t over process, just look for the mixture to be even.
- Sprinkle half the cake mixture evenly over the base of the lamington tray. Press it down firmly.
- Process the dates and syrup in the food processor until smooth.
Add the avocado and process until smooth. Add carob powder and process until fully shipped and glossy.
- Spread half the ganache over the cake mixture in the tray. Top with half the sliced berries. Sprinkle the other half of the cake mix evenly over the berries and then press it down firmly on top of the berries. Top with the other half of the ganache and finally the rest of the berries.
- Refrigerate to firm it for slicing. The assembled cake will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze to store for longer.