- 200g soft butter ( I used nuttlex)
- 1 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 400mls milk (I used soy)
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda (bi-carb)
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 cups dates
Mix everything in a big bowl, make sure the butter is well incorporate. Pour into a 25cm well buttered spring form baking tin.
Moderate oven 45 to 50 minutes, if the middle is still a little moist, turn the oven off and leave it to dry out for a further 5 minutes. When it is cooked, a sharp knife inserted into the centre will come out completely clean.