1 large mushroom
1 stalk of silverbeet per person
1 slice of bread per person
1⁄4 avocado per person
coconut oil for frying
1⁄2 clove of garlic per person
nutmeg – freshly grated
fresh thyme – 1 sprig per person
1⁄2 cup of water
salt and freshly ground white pepper lemon wedges
- Chop the mushrooms fairly finely.
- Cut the white stalk from each silverbeet leaf and finely shred.
- Crush the garlic.
- Place the coconut oil and garlic into a cold pan and slowly bring to heat stirring to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and grate a generous amount of the nutmeg over.
- Fry over a medium heat until the mushrooms start to take up the oil.
- Add the shredded silverbeet, thyme, salt and pepper and the water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for a minute or so until the silverbeet is wilted.
- Cover the pan – but keep checking, as you may need to add a little extra water Toast the bread and spread with avocado.
- When the mushroom and silverbeet is well cooked remove the thyme stalk, taste for seasoning and serve over the toast with a lemon wedge.