Releases tension from chest, shoulders and back
May realign spine
Relaxes nervous system
Strengthens the lungs
Spinal problems including herniated discs and osteoporosis of the spine
Let’s try it:
- Lie on your back with your legs outstretched and arms spreading out in line with your shoulders.
- Shift your hips to the right of the mat.
- Bend your right knee and place the foot comfortably on the left thigh or behind the left knee
- Roll onto your left hip so the right hip is pointing towards the ceiling. If your right shoulder lifts also that’s okay. Although ideally it stays on floor.
- You may like to place a cushion under your right knee and/or under your right shoulder.
- Turn your head to the right if comfortable.
- Breathe into all areas of your lungs and relax.
- Stay for as long 5 – 30 breaths and then repeat for the same amount on the other side.
By Vrndavan Dasi
Founder and Principal of Veda Yoga Teacher Training