Benefits: Increases flexibility in spine. Opens the lungs and chest. Tones the arms, shoulders and jaw line. Massages the internal organs. Good for menstrual problems.
Cautions: Always move slowly and carefully Avoid if you have the following conditions: Pregnancy, Wrist problems, Severe back problems, Peptic ulcer, Hernia, Thyroid.
|Fig. 1||Fig. 2||Fig. 3|
- Lay face down and have your hands next to your chest, elbows bent in beside the body, palms flat. (fig.1)
- Inhale and focus on lengthening from the tail bone as you raise the chest off the floor. Press your hands, legs and lower pelvis gently into floor. (fig.2)
- Keep your chin down slightly as you lengthen through the back and front of the neck. Keep your shoulders down as you draw your shoulderblades into your back Relax your back.
- Exhale and slowly lower.
- Rest and repeat x 5
- For lower back problems lie the hips on a folded blanket
- Hold pose for 5-10 breaths
- If your spine is flexible enough straighten your arms without raising your shoulders and arch back more. (fig. 3)