Benefits: Stretches the thighs, knees and ankles, good for digestion, assists good posture.
Cautions: Knee or ankle injury.
|Fig. 1||Fig. 2||Fig. 3|
- Kneel on the floor with your feet to each side of your body, toes angled slightly inwards. (fig 1)
- Move your calf muscles outwards away from the body.
- Sit down between your legs.
- Place your hands on your thighs palms down.
- Lengthen your tail bone to the floor and lift the torso up out of the hips, keep your shoulders down and lift up through your neck. (fig 2)
- Stay in the pose for 30 – 60 seconds then sit to one side of your legs and swing them around in front of you to give them a shake.
- If your ankles are painful place a rolled up towel underneath them .
- If your knees are painful try sitting on a block or bolster. (fig 3)
- A rolled towel can also be place in the knee joint.