(Eka Pada Rajakapotasana)
Benefits: Sciatic and lower back pain, opens hips
Cautions: Knee and hip problems, serious back problems
|Fig. 1||Fig. 2|
- Kneel in the cat position and bring your right knee to your right hand and your right foot towards the left hip.
- Sink your hips and lengthen and broaden the chest into the Proud Pigeon (Fig. 1) Keep your lower back lengthening too.
- Stay for 5 breaths then release forward bringing the forearms to the floor. Keep the spine lengthening. You can rest here or lower the trunk down to the floor and stretch your arms out in front of you.(Fig. 2)
- If your hips are tight place a folded blanket under your front thigh.
- If your head doesn’t reach the floor in the sleeping pigeon fold your arms under your head and rest on folded arms.
- From the Proud Pigeon raise your back leg and take hold of your foot with your left hand.