Saturday 18 June 10:30am – 3:30pm PM | “Justins Park” Burleigh Heads Beachfront
Register Free Community YOGA DAY FESTIVAL featuring inspiring local teachers, artists, presenters and musical performers. A day of fun and festivity for all the family.
Join the world wide celebrations for the United Nations International Day of Yoga at the YOGA DAY FESTIVAL, a free community event featuring fun and flowing yoga asana classes, deep relaxation, yoga breathing, exciting kid’s games and activities, live music and kirtan (yoga chant), yoga wisdom talks and deep peace meditation. Plus delicious vege food stalls.
Last year’s event was so amazing and inspiring and we’re planning an even better event this year so stay tuned for updates!
• Yoga! Flow through fun, creative sequences for all levels plus a free form yoga dance. Rock your asana with great music and good vibes.
• Meditation! Learn to breathe deeply and completely, filling your lungs with fresh, ocean air then find your inner peace with wonderful meditation that is simply relaxing.
• Relaxation! Lie back under the trees, listen to the waves rolling in and find an oasis of deep relaxation and calm.
• Music! The ancient chants of India to the melodies, beats and rhythms of the modern world. Get your mantra on with awesome local kirtan band Ashraya and be part of an amazing interactive muscial experience.
• Wisdom! Explore the deep truth and beauty of yoga philosophy with inspiring Yoga Wisdom Talks in our Meditation Tipi. Stay tuned for fantastic talk topics
• Family Fun Yoga! Free Kids yoga adventures, yoga dance, songs and yoga games. Colour in a beautiful mandala and make your own meditation beads to take home.
• Food! Deliciously nourishing vege whole foods plus decadent treats. Stay tuned for all the stall details.
• Community! Enjoy the company of like minded individuals and feel the difference we can make when we come together in a supportive, uplifting way
REGISTER for event updates and bring your yoga mat for an amazing FREE community day of yoga.
SUNSET YOGA DAY FESTIVAL AFTER PARTY
To keep the love flowing over the week of World Yoga Day, we’ll be hosting our official Yoga Day Festival After Party with The Mantra Room at The Masonic Hall in Burleigh the following Sunday June 26th from 5pm – 7:30pm, with amazing vego food (vegetarian and vegan options available), live kirtan, yoga wisdom and blissful meditation.
What is Kirtan? Kirtan is the music of yoga. An ancient of method of yoga meditation, kirtan is the hearing and singing of mantras or transcendental sounds. Weaving together melody, music and mantra with people responding to the words of the singer, clapping, swaying and sometimes dancing, kirtan is simultaneously a meditative, exhilarating and fun activity that is taking the world by storm. Don’t miss it!
Follow Us On Social Media For The Latest Updates