If you like your brownies super fudge with a nutty crunch, this is the recipe for you. Rich, creamy and oh so delicious, you’ll definitely be back for seconds. This recipe freezes well, so if you are living alone, you can package the slices up in the freezer for a quick and easy work snack.
- 2 cup Dark choc chips (you could also use Aldi dark chocolate blocks, they are vegan)
- 1 cup Vegan butter (nuttelex is a good option)
- 6 tablespoons cocoa/cacao powder
- 4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Raw/brown/coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Coconut cream
- 2 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 cups Chopped nuts of your choice, I used walnuts
Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a lamington tray with baking paper
In a bowl mix together choco chips and butter.
Either on a double boiler or in a microwave, melt them together.
Add in vanilla and cocoa powder and mix well.
In another bowl mix together flour, salt and baking soda. Keep aside.
In another bowl, whisk coconut yoghurt, coconut cream and sugar together to combine
Add in the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until incorporated.
Now finally add the flour mixture and mix well.
Pour it into the lamington tin and top it with the nuts.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Once cool slice it into squares.
makes 1 x lamingtin size