If you like bananas, this is the cake for you. It is full of bananas making is super moist and delicious and very bananari. I’ve had so many people ask me for the recipe for this cake that I’m sharing it here on our Blog.
- 4 medium mashed bananas, ripe
- 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt, any style coconut is good
- 3/4 cup of milk, any milk, I used soy but my fav is coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of sunflower oil
- 2 1/2 cups of self-raising flour, may use 1/2 wholemeal or gluten free
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup of brown or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Put dry ingredients into large mixing bowl. Mix well.
Add wet ingredients to another bowl. Wisk until well combined.
Pour wet ingredients into dry. Fold with spatula until there are no lumps.
Pour into greased or lined cake tin. 170C for 40 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 2 tbsp. soft butter, any butter nuttelex is a good vegan option
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, approximately
Process butter and sugar with vanilla with electric mixer. Drizzle in lemon juice, checking consistency, until creamy and spreadable. Spread over top of cooled Banana Cake.