1 cup of buckwheat flour
1 cup of millet flour
200 g cold butter cut into cubes
1/2 cup rapadura or coconut sugar
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
3 Tbs of cinnamon powder
1 can of condensed milk
1 cup of almonds
1 cup of pistachios
1 cup of uncrystalised bare ginger
1. Place flours, sugar, linseed meal, and cinnamon powder into a food processor and mix in all ingredients until combined. Then add cold butter cubes and pulse until you get a fine crumbly mixture.
2. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper. Add the base mixture into the baking tray and bake it for 10 min on pre heated oven 180 degrees.
3. Chop ginger and pistachios into small pieces, you can either chop almonds or leave it whole.
4. Once baked, remove it from oven, sprinkle with nuts and ginger and then drizzle 1 can of condensed milk on top and bake again 180 degrees for another 15-20 min until the top is slightly brown.
5. Let it cool (better to put in the fridge overnight and cut the slices next day)
To make it vegan use coconut condensed milk and vegan butter
You can use any combination of seeds or nuts like walnuts, Brazil nuts, macadamia, hazelnut, sunflower seeds, pepitas…
You can substitute ginger for sultanas, goji berries, raisins, cranberries or any dry fruit
For the base you can add raw chocolate powder or carob powder instead of cinnamon.
Recipe by Débora Galvin