What can be nicer than on a cold winters day to have a bubbly pot of hearty, tasty soup on the stove and some fresh bread warming in the oven. Try this soup – it’s simple, super easy to make and is pleasantly warm with a tang of deliciousness.
- 2 Tbsp ghee or oil
- 4 large potatoes – peeled and cubed
- ½ head large cauliflower or 1 small cauliflower cut into flowerets
- 1 large brown onion peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp celery powder
- 1 – 2 cups of boiling water or half water/half milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the vegetables out on it.
- Drizzle the oil or melted ghee over them and sprinkle with celery powder.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning
- When everything is cooked place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend till smooth. Add more liquid if necessary.
- Serve immediately with a sprig of parsley or chopped chives on top.
Serves 3 to 4
By Vrndavan Dasi
Founder and Principal of Veda Yoga Teacher Training