I did a comparison between dairy condensed milk and coconut condensed milk. Watch the video for the outcome, it’s pretty awesome.
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, melted (dairy or vegan)
- 1 x small tin passionfruit pulp
- 110ml lemon juice
- 395g sweetened condensed milk (dairy or vegan)
- 1.5 tab cornflour in a little water to make a paste (if using vegan condensed milk only)
Sift icing sugar and flour into large mixing bowl
Add coconut and stir well
Add melted butter and mix well
Press firmly into an 18cm by 27.5cm x 3cm deep slice pan lined with baking paper
Bake in moderate oven for 10 minutes. Base should rise slightly and be golden brown around the edges
Set aside to cool
Mix together the passionfruit pulp, the lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk.
* If using the vegan condensed milk, add to a saucepan and mix in the cornflour paste, then bring to a boil until thickened.
Cover the base with the topping and set in the fridge for around an hour until firm to the touch.