There’s something about spring and how it uplifts our mood almost instantly. The earth rejoices as bees start buzzing amongst fragrant blooming flowers. Young seedlings with leaves of green sprout with abundance and luscious juicy fruits are waiting to be relished.
This mood lifting spring salad will surely give you the flavour of this new season. Not only does it have a refreshing taste but also contains potassium rich ingredients that will surely fuel you with energy to lift any winter glooms away.
Potassium is a water soluble essential mineral found in fruit and vegetables. It carries an electrical charge that maintains fluid balance in the body. A balance of potassium in our body promotes normal nerve transmission, muscle contractions and heart function.
So prep up your kitchen tools and enjoy making this lush mood lifter. ☺
Vegetarian, Gluten free – Yield 4
- 1 medium Avocado
- 2 cups Baby arugula,
- 2 tbsp. Basil, fresh
- 1 clove Garlic
- 250 g pickled sugar beets
- 500 g Strawberries quartered
- 1/4 cup Quinoa, toasted
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, organic extra-virgin
- 1/4 c crumbled feta /vegan feta
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instruction. Once quinoa is fully cooked, spread out on a baking sheet. Roast quinoa for 7-8 minutes, stirring halfway through and check frequently to achieve a crispy and crunchy texture. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small glass bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, add the salad ingredients and crumbled feta. Add the cooled quinoa and drizzle the salad dressing over top. Best to toss with a large wooden fork to combine.
Refresh for Spring and learn more recipes like this in our upcoming Spring Deep Peace Retreat!
By Vrndavan Dasi
Founder and Principal of Veda Yoga Teacher Training