I have made this dish for The Mantra Room kirtans and I really miss cooking for you all. So I decided to share the recipe of my Tom Yum curry. Hope to cook for everyone again soon 😊 – Debora Galvin
1 Small Cauliflower head cut in florets
300g Dutch potatoes cut in cubes
1 Kale Bunch finely chopped
450g Firm Tofu cut in cubes
1 litre Coconut Cream (Kara brand)
200-250g vegetarian Thai Tom Yum Paste (Vessimix brand) – add more if you like spicy food
2 Kafir Lime Leaves
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbs Vegetarian chicken flavour stock powder (Massel brand) salt reduced
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups filtered water
Coconut oil to fry tofu
Soy Sauce to taste
1. Marinate tofu with vegetarian chicken stock powder and turmeric powder and set aside.
2. Steam cauliflower and potatoes until al dente texture (do not over steam them)
3. Fry tofu in coconut oil until golden, set aside.
4. In a saucepan warm the coconut cream, add kafir lime leaves, water and Tom Yum paste, bring the sauce to a gentle simmer. When the paste is fully dissolved add steamed cauliflower and potatoes. Let it cook for 5 min or so until the texture of potatoes and cauliflower is to your liking.
5. Add the chopped kale and let cook for about 2 minutes or so, mixing gently every now and then. Lastly add fried tofu and lemon juice.
6. Remove from heat and stir through until all combined. If you feel it needs more seasoning, add a little soy sauce to taste.
7. Serve with rice or quinoa and garnish with herbs or a small Asian salad and some spring rolls.
By Debora Galvin