This is so easy you don’t really need a recipe, so this is just a reminder 🙂 Watermelon is full of vitamin C and vitamin A as well as rich in potassium. It’s also hydrating which we all need in the hot summer months!
- De pip and chop your watermelon and then refrigerate for a few hours so you won’t need to add ice to make it cold.
- If your watermelon is sweet you won’t need any sweetener.
- Add lime juice to give your juice that special tang and bring out the watermelon flavour.
- If you leave it for some time it will separate; just give it a stir and all’s well again.
- If you feel it’s too pulpy you can strain it otherwise enjoy the slushie effect.
- To make this sparkling you can add ½ cup soda water.
Recipe for 1 glass:
4 cups seedless chopped watermelon pieces
½ small lime
1 Tbsp sugar if needed
Lime slice to garnish (optional)
Mint to garnish (optional)
Blend the watermelon, lime juice and sugar until smooth. Strain if you prefer and pour into a glass, garnishing with mint and a slice of lime.
By Vrndavan Dasi
Founder and Principal of Veda Yoga Teacher Training