- 1 350g packet rich chocolate cake mix (or plain with 2 x tablespoons of carob powder added)
- 60g butter
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 60g dark chocolate (or carob buttons) melted
- 900g thickened cream whipped
Preheat oven to moderate
place patty cupcake liners into cupcake pan
beat cake mix, butter, yoghurt, sour cream and cooled chocolate in a small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until combined.
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes of until mixture has changed to a lighter colour
Spread cake mixture into a cupcake holders
Bake in moderate over for about 30-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- 2 x 425g jars seeded black cherries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
Drain cherries over jug, reserve 2/3 cup syrup. Chop cherries roughly. Combined blended cornflour and syrup with cherries in small saucepan.
Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
Pour over the cherry filling
Top with whipped cream
Sprinkle with grated chocolate or carob
Makes 10 large cup cakes