These oaty delicious treats were made by Sarala recently for The Mantra Room West End. They were such a hit and I had so many people asking me for the recipe that I thought I’d share it with everyone out there.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 80g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g quick oats
- 100g wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ – 1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 100g chocolate or carob
- 10g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a few trays with baking paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
- Add the golden syrup and beat until it’s incorporated.
- On a low speed, mix in the oats, flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Roll small tablespoons of dough into balls and flatten on the tray, until they are about 2 inches in diameter. Leave room between the cookies for spreading.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool on trays.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Spoon a teaspoon of chocolate onto the underside of each cookie and spread out evenly. Allow to set before enjoying/dunking into tea. Makes 20 hobnobs.