Mums want to be healthy and slim but love to indulge a little as well -I know I know, I am one a mum myself! It’s a juggling act isn’t it!
Well good news – here’s a recipe that is BOTH slim & healthy AND a little bit indulgent! Plus it’s low allergen being sugar free, gluten free and dairy free.
This recipe is only about 90 calories per slice and is so delicious the kids will enjoy it too (that’s if you want to share haha).
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates soaked in one cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons of chia
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup carob powder (or cacao)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (softened)
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey (or 2 Tbsp maple syrup if you want to go vegan)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carob powder or cacao
- In a food processor or blender add the walnuts, almonds and dates (drained) and process until they are well combined
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the chia seeds, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, carob powder and vanilla and mix well.
- Press into a lined slice tin or container (approx. 15 x 25cm) and put into the fridge while you make the icing.
- Warm the coconut oil and stir in the honey and carob and salt.
- Pour over the brownie slice and set in fridge for approximately 2 hours.
- Cut into 12 slices.and enjoy your treat. .
By Vrndavan Dasi