This recipe is a decadent two layered guilt free mousse. Healthy, filling and delicious.
The chocolate base layer is:
- 4 bananas (can use avocados for a creamier taste)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup rice malt syrup or ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla essence.
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut.
Mix together in food processor and place in fridge to set.
Strawberry Cashew Cream topping:
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ punnet strawberries (can substitute passionfruit if you wish)
- Blend in blender until smooth.
Chill in fridge and pour onto top of mousse in parfait glass.
Garnish with pieces of fruit (banana, blueberry, etc) or coconut flakes.
Recipe supplied by Harry Bolman – Vegan Life