Our dear friend Nat, used to cook these mouth watering Asian dishes whenever we dropped around to her home. She’d always be cooking up a storm and feeding everyone. We really miss you Nat!
- 250g dried noodles (can use mung bean or sweet potato noodles for a gluten free option)
- Peanut oil
- 15ml vegetable stock
- 3 tblsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 100g cabbage, shredded
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 100g bean shoots
- Fried shallots to garnish
- Fried tofu and tempeh to garnish
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 3 toasted candlenuts
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 shallots
- ½ red chilli
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Slice the tofu and tempeh into thin strips.
Deep fry in peanut oil.
Blanch the noodles in hot water until tender.
Drain and set aside.
Grind the spices.
Sauté the ground spices in some oil until golden.
Add the stock and kecap manis.
Add the cabbage, noodles and spring onions
Continue cooking until the stock is absorbed.
Add the beans shoots.
Squeeze fresh lime juice over the noddles.
Serve with fried shallots, tempeh and tofu.