We just finished the Cancer & Meditation seminar with Chaitanya das. It was a wonderful night and one of the highlights was this amazing ginger pumpkin pie. So many people wanted the recipe, so here it is!
- 750 g pumpkin, cooked
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 4 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lecithin
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½–1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger chips
- sweet pie crust for a small pie
Preheat oven to moderate 180°C (350°F). Blend first 7 ingredients. Add the ginger and mix through. Pour filling into the pie crust and bake for 20–30 minutes or until nicely browned. For a richer flavour serve cold with thick cream.