This pesto dish is a delicious alternative to the regular basil pesto that is so popular throughout the world. The rocket gives it a lovely peppery flavour and it is super simple to whip up.
- 500g fettuccine pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, quartered
- ½ cup loosely packed, coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 120g rocket, chopped coarsely
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped coarsely
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup light sour cream (gelatine free)
- 2 teaspoons salt
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender. (Break it up with a fork as it boils to stop it sticking together)
Drain and set aside.
Place garlic, basil, rocket and oil in a blender or food processer and process until smooth.
Combine pasta, rocket pesto, parmesan cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and salt in a large saucepan and cook until heated through, stirring constantly.
Add nuts and toss gently to combine.