- This event has passed.
It’s interesting how many Dr’s don’t pick up on Burnout in their patients. Basically, it’s a new disease brought on by our 24/7 lifestyles, so it’s not something that’s typically in medical text books, therefore, not something they typically know about.
SO WHAT IS BURNOUT?
the reduction of a fuel or substance to nothing through use or combustion.
Burnout is a state of chronic stress.
THE TRICKY THING: is that it’s insidious. It slowly accumulates in the body as a slow burn of lifestyle stresses. It’s a combination of all your usual stress – family, work, finance, complications, emotional stressors…. PLUS, now through in the modern day 24/7 lifestyle, and you can add to all that, being ‘on’ almost 24/7, smart phones, social media, high content consumption, disconnection from nature due to increasing daily demands… and all of a sudden it hits you. You get to a point where you’re battling with the feeling, “I don’t want to do this anymore”.
But do you really want to ‘not do it’?
You love your life.
You’re grateful for everything you have.
But why is it all so hard??
The answer is: BURNOUT.
It manifests with the body several ways:
• Physical and emotional exhaustion; general feelings of tiredness; like ‘I’ve lost my spark’
• Moodiness, grumpiness, generally ‘not caring’ about anything or anyone
• Lack of productivity, mental clarity and intellectual sharpness
• Decrease in creativity or the desire to seek out new experiences
• Feeling like nothing is ever good enough; nothing ever quite hits the spot professionally, personally, physically
• Reduction in sleep quality
In this afternoon workshop we look at:
– What is Burnout? (and are you burned out? – take the quiz)
– How does it manifest?
– How can we heal it? (unfortunately, rest isn’t enough)
– How you can prevent relapse with the yoga lifestyle and ayurvedic practices.
– A fresh juice for afternoon tea from Sattva Cafe
– Plenty of time to ask questions and get clarity on your personal situation
Mother of four, yoga teacher and women’s wellness specialist, Samantha Doyle, is known for her ability to simplify the complex concepts of Ayurveda in a way that makes the ancient practice available and applicable to modern day living.
Sami is the founder of Live to Serve Academy, her wellness coaching business, which aims to inspire and educate women to transform their health, life and business. With 10+ years experience in the industry, and personal training, nutrition and yoga certifications, Sami continues to encourage her clients to live well, be present and gain the energy they need to live a healthy, productive life.