These are such an easy, delicious and healthy meal to prepare, all you need is a blender or food processor, no cooking required!
Walnut Taco Meat
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse to make a crumbly mixture. Be careful not to over process because mixture will become mushy. Once combined set aside in a serving bowl whilst you make the cashew sour cream.
Cashew Sour Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked 1-2 hours or overnight
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 – 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1⁄4 cup cold, filtered water
Rinse and drain soaked cashews and place them in the blender
2. Add in 1/4 cup of cold water, salt, vinegar and lemon juice and puree for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and creamy in consistency. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week.
To assemble tacos: Serve walnut meat in baby cos lettuce leaves with fresh coriander, guacamole and cashew sour cream.