Risoni is actually pasta that is shaped like rice and is available from the pasta section at most supermarkets. This particular salad combines a tasty Chinese style dressing with risoni, fresh asparagus and sesame oil giving it an unusual, exotic flavour.
- 300g orzo or risoni
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green capsicum cubed
- 1 red capsicum cubed
- 1 tin corn kernals or 1 cup fresh
- Stalk celery diced finely
- 2 shallots diced diagonally
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon minced chilli
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove chopped finely
Cook orzo or risoni for 10 minutes.
Drain and rinse well with cold water.
Toss with oil.
Toss with dressing.
Sprinkle with black sesame seeds
Mix all ingredients together.