This tasty salad is so filling that it is actually a meal in itself. It is a wonderful cool dish to serve in summertime as there is no cooking involved. It can be served quite simply or with lots of delicious extras such as diced tofu, peanuts, cashews or other nuts or vegetarian ham. You are only limited to your imagination!
- 900 grams Singapore, hokkien or any other type of pre-cooked noodles (from the refrigerator section of any supermarket)
- 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 200 grams snow peas, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- 60 grams fresh mint, chopped
- 60 grams fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 500 grams tofu, diced and fried
- 100 grams roasted peanuts or cashews
Gently separate the noodles and place in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave for 2 minutes. Rinse and drain.
Put the noodles in a large bowl, and add spring onions, capsicum, snow peas, carrot, tofu cubes, mint and coriander. Toss together well.
To make the dressing, whisk together the oils, lime juice, kecap manis, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss again. Sprinkle the peanuts, tofu or other garnish over the top and serve.
It makes a mountain of noodles and would easily serve 8 hungry family members.